Monday, January 26, 2009

HAPPY "NIU" YEAR FROM DOWN UNDER



Hi Everyone

It is a good idea to post email addresses here but I hope there is security of privacy and there will be no spams.

So there are the McCheongs and the SMackies now, so we here from down under will be McOngs or better still SOngs!! Think I prefer SOngs!!

I miss CNY in Taiping so much and it was good just to hear all the joyful chatter the other day over the phone. Chinese New Year is quiet here. On New Year's eve we went to Hean Chye's sister's sis-in-law place for lunch and we made yee sang (photo attached, got the recipe from Amy Beh of Kuali, TheStar the cripsy bits is from fried egg wanton skin and sauce is plum sauce with honey, tasted 100% authentic and better still from scratch). On New Year's day I went for Yum Cha with the two families again but unfortunately HC was working that morning. In the evening HC and I went pak tor and we went to an Indian Restaurant for dinner just the two of us.


For those who have missed my peanut biscuit and pineapple tarts here is a sight of it...heehee...sorry cannot sent the smell and taste....enjoy.

Hugs
SOngs

No comments: